First Light at Uluru – World Premiere version for Wind Symphony
WATCH Live Performance
ANBOC Festival Gala Concert – 24 September 2016
* Commissioned by conductor Dr John Lynch and the Sydney Conservatorium of Music + Matt Klohs.
ABOUT First Light at Uluru – Concert Program Note + Media review articles
WATCH Conductor Dr John Lynch and I talking about First Light at Uluru:
– Aboriginal inspiration behind the work and didgeridoo-like sounds.
– How atmospheric saxophone contemporary techniques influenced the compositional style.
– From a conductor’s perspective, what is the best approach when using graphic score notation?
– And the lovely creative collaborative process that emerged when I was composing this piece.